Power to the People!
Friday, July 23rd 2010 10:23:08am
Find out HOW at the Community Power Conference 2010
The Ontario Sustainable Energy Association (OSEA) is hosting its second annual Community Power Conference this November. The event is Ontario’s single largest annual gathering of Community Power producers, proponents and supporters. Together with the Power Networking Centre trade show, the conference attracts industry regulators, commercial and community power generators, farmers and First Nation and Métis delegations.
The conference offers two full days of meeting and learning from community power experts, while the trade show displays the latest innovations in power generation technologies and services.
The Community Power Award is presented to individuals and/or organizations, whose work has contributed significantly to the Community Power movement. The deadline for nominations is October 15, 2010.
Last year’s winners were:
• Community Power Leader Award - George Smitherman, former MPP Toronto Centre and Minister of Energy and Infrastructure (Toronto)
• Aboriginal Community Power Award - Michael Fox, President, Fox High Impact Consulting (Thunder Bay)
• Urban Community Power Award - Ken Traynor, Toronto Renewable Energy Co-Op (Toronto)
• Rural Community Power Award - Paul Norris, President, Ontario Water Power Association (Peterborough)
When and What:
• November 14, 2010 (7:00 – 10:00)
The Green Connection opening reception co-organized with Green Enterprise Ontario (GEO)
• November 15-16, 2010
Second Annual Community Power Conference
• November 15 - 17, 2010
Power Networking Centre trade show co-organized with the Association of Power Producers of Ontario (APPrO)
• November 15, 2010 (6:00 – 10:00 pm)
Presentation of Community Power Awards.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building, 700 and 800 Level
222 Bremner Blvd., Toronto, ON CANADA
Further details, can be found at: http://www.cpconference.ca
For conference registration, please visit: http://registration.cpconference.ca
For more information, please contact:
Tina Siegel, Environmental Communication Options, email@example.com OR 416.972.7401