Rogers Issues 2012 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Thursday, July 18th 2013 9:40:20am
TORONTO - July 18, 2013 - Rogers Communications has released its annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report which details our economic, social, and environmental performance in 2012. This year's annual Rogers CSR Report reports on initiatives related to customer experience, employee experience, community investment, supply chain management, economic impacts, governance, and the environment.
Highlights from the 2012 CSR Report include:
• Invested $2.1 Billion in capital expenditures, which includes improvements made to network coverage and reliability, expanded next generation LTE network footprint to approximately 60 per cent of Canadians, and completed deployment of 150 Mbps internet speeds across 90 per cent of Rogers cable footprint.
• Talent management programs, including enhanced training programs, and increased focus on diversity. The organization employs over 28,000 talented Canadians in high value jobs across the country and invests on average $41.3 million annually to develop and advance their skills.
• Investments in customer service and new customer policies, ombudsman services, simplified rate plans, and customer education programs.
• Significant community investments, donating $70 million to charities, non-profit organizations, and the wider community through cash and in-kind support. This includes support for education initiatives for youth-at-risk through Rogers Youth Fund.
• Caring for our environment through an 11% decrease in overall carbon footprint and achieving our 5% reduction target for paper used for marketing, internal and billing purposes.
Rogers full 2012 Corporate Social Responsibility Report can be found on www.rogerscsr.com. Selected information within this report has been externally assured for the first time by a third party.
Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).