Rogers Issues 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Friday, October 24th 2014 10:00:51am
More than 150,000 youth benefited from the Rogers Youth Fund.
TORONTO - Friday, October 24, 2014 - Rogers Communications has released its annual Corporate Social Responsibility report which details its economic, social, and environmental performance in 2013. As one of Canada’s largest companies, Rogers contributes to the well-being of local communities and economies.
The 2013 CSR report is broken into six focus areas. Here are some of the features:
- Customer Experience: over 92% of customers were satisfied with the level of customer service they received from the Rogers Ombudsman.
- Community Investment: 151,396 young Canadians benefited from the Rogers Youth Fund through after-school homework clubs, academic tutoring and alternative schooling.
- Environmental Responsibility: 63% of the company’s waste, including paper products, electronics, plastics and metal, was diverted from the landfill.
- Good Governance: 97.86% of employees have been trained on Rogers Business Conduct Guidelines which outline high standards of business conduct, integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Employee Experience: 61% of the 5,392 new employees hired were from the four designated employment equity groups.
- Economy and Society: The total economic value returned by Rogers to various constituencies & stakeholders [during 2013] was $12 billion.
Rogers full 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Report can be found at www.rogers.com/csr.
About Rogers Communications
Rogers Communications is a leading diversified public Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.