Interview Opportunity on incineration in Ontario
Thursday, April 5th 2007 9:38:06am
Maureen Carter-Whitney, Research Director, CIELAP
The author of Ontario's Waste Management Challenge-Is Incineration an Option?
Ms. Carter-Whitney is available to talk about incineration in Ontario. She is the author of a new report which provides background and context for the current incineration debate.
Specifically, Ms. Carter-Whitney can talk on the following points:
* The advantages and disadvantages of incineration technologies
* The place of incineration within the context of waste management
* Current and proposed regulations relating to municipal solid and hazardous waste
* The experience with incineration in Europe
* Recommendations to the Ontario Government on incineration
Ontario's Waste Management Challenge-Is Incineration an Option? can be viewed at www.cielap.org.
To arrange interviews, contact Carolyn Webb, 416-923-3529, ext 26
Canadian Institute for Environmental Law and Policy
130 Spadina Avenue Suite 305
Toronto, Ontario M5V 2L4